Dryer lint trap and chap stick help???

I was doing laundry and I had taken out the lint trap to clean it out and my SD accidentally rolled her Chapstick ontop of the dryer and before I could catch it, it fell right down the lint trap. Should I be worried about this? Any ideas of how to get it out of a top loaded lint trap?

Thanks :p

RigPrincess85

Asked by RigPrincess85 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Are you able to look down there and see it?

My concern is that it would cause lint to clog, which in turn could start a fire if it got to hot.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• You could try sticking your vaccuum attachment in there and try to suck it up with the vacuum. I would say this is not good for the lint trap, Good Luck!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I'd probably just reach my hand down in there. lol
    Anonymous

• I dropped a small book down there once. It rattled every time I ran the dryer. I had to call an appliance guy to fix it. It cost me less than $50 and about 2 minutes to fix.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I would think it could cause problems. I don't know what kind, exactly, but I wouldn't risk using it again with it in there. I'd try the vacuum attachment like someone mentioned, or maybe some long tong-type instrument, if you have something long enough to get down in there and grasp it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I wouldn't use the dryer till you get that out. It could trap lint and cause a fire hazard, or the Chapstick could melt down in there and make a bad smell.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2013