Birth Control: what is better

Right now I am currently on the mirena iud and I want to switch to something different. I'm not good at remembering to take pills. I want something that is put in me or something on me to prevent pregnancy for a couple years. What birth control do you have? What were your periods like? Any weight gain after getting it?

Hailey.Brimm

Asked by Hailey.Brimm at 6:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• Abstinence- don't put anything in you. Don't put anything on you. 100% effective.
    Anonymous

• No weight gain. No hormones.
    Anonymous

• I had my tubes tied but before that I used Nuvaring and loved it. My OB ok'd me putting one in for 3 weeks then immediately inserting a new one - no periods! I had no weight gain or other side effects, but I always checked after sex to make sure it was still there, or took it out before and back in after (it can be out for 2-3 hours with no worries)

Answer by missanc at 6:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I agree, Nuvaring is a great option.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• Implanon? I've never used it, but you don't have to think about it, and it is good for a few years.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I had a tubal. Took care of that problem real quick.
    But, I think the other ladies are right.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• i did depo shot. i myself didnt gain weight and every 3 months just went to doc.. got my shot and for another 3 months i was good to go. i was on it for 2 yrs till husband had the big snip :)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

•  

I would switch, back to the pill, put beside my coffee cup.

This IUD, can be dangerous.

SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 6:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2013