How can I break myself of this?

my 10 month old son has his own room all decorated and all, and has been since he was born but I can't seem to let him stay away from me, he stayed in our room since he was born and now his play pen is gettin smaller so he can't sleep in there but everytime I put him in his room, as soon as he wakes up and starts whining a lil I'm right up and going to get him, like someone is gonna take him or something, he's my 1st and only and I can't break myself of it.....and it's rare I let him away from my side to stay the night somewhere else please

Asked by prettyeyes412 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• it's no bother to's me who don't let him sleep in his room

Answer by prettyeyes412 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I say, if he is not a special needs child, wear earplugs. It won't block everything, but it will block out the little fussiness that usually resolves itself. That way, you hear him when he really needs you, not just wants you. My daughter is around the same age, and I spoiled her. I mean, I spoiled her. She became very dependent on me, always wanting to be around me and crying if she wasnt. She did the same thing in her crib. I usually wait and see if she settles, which a good percentage of the time, she does. I hope it helps.

Answer by NomadSara at 8:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• YOu can let him cry it out, but also try putting a shirt or some piece of clothing in the bed with him. Sometimes they need your scent to be relaxed. Good Luck
    Another suggestion, try moving the play pen closer to his room and further from your room each night, moving it more and more, and see how he does. Eventually you will have your room back for you.

Answer by miss_rae at 8:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My sister made the mistake of everytime her daughter wimpered she would go and get her. My sister wanted to break her of sleeping with her but, my niece would sneak in and sleep on the floor. It is very hard to let a child cry but, it won't be long and you will soon have your night time to you and your spouce.

Answer by DianLovesCrafts at 8:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008