12 wks preg... belly pain in right ovary area??

I am 12 weeks, 3 days pregnant and I have been having occasional pain in my lower right belly, like where my ovary is. It has been off and on within the last week. 4 days ago, I had a really sharp pain that woke me in the middle of the night... and today I had the same pain. I am getting an occasional pain on the right side of my belly, a little higher.

No bleeding.

What do you think this may be? I am going to call the doc tomorrow... do you think it is anything to worry about?

Is it weird that when I woke up in the morning, I can feel more of a 'baby bump' on the right side of my belly and not the left? When I am standing, my belly looks normal, I am showing just a little now.

Thanks!

Oh and ovarian cysts runs in the family on my moms side... never had one though.

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 1:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like round ligament pain which if it is, its normal to have throughout your pregnancy. its nothing to worry about its typical. mention it to your dr tho just to make sure :D
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i had the same pain... consult your dr... prolly what momnbabygirl said above. its ligaments stretching
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• ohh how i remember these pains!! what so funny about pregnancy is NOBODY tells you IT HURTS!! lol through out my whole pregnancy i was amazed at the pain i was in from the stretching. it was the same thing you are describing, sharp stabbing pains and it hurt!! I couldnt believe nobody warned me about that part!! but it is normal! the whole pregnancy. it hurts, its uncomfortable but you get used to it!! i would still call your doctor tomorrow though just in case. especially since cysts run in your family. bc of all of the growth hormones you have going on right now you have a higher risk of developing one. but im almost positive its just stretchy pains (aws i liked to call them lol) congrats!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:08 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies. I actually went to the ER in tears scared to death with these pains in my first pregnancy and I was told it is stretching. Who knew!?! I would ask your doctor just in case, but I am thinking you are fine and the pains are perfectly normal. Oh, and having your baby bump look a little off center is also normal.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i was going through the same thing and went to the ER and they told me i had a cyst hope you dont have it cuz it hurts even worse when it bust good luck!!!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 16, 2009