Why didn't God/Jesus

do these things when he came to earth in human form?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOfjkl-3SNE&list=PL6D440558124742F5&index=2

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 11:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2013 in Religious Debate

• You spend an awful lot of time watching lengthy anti-christian videos. Why is it so important to you to constantly debate your beliefs against others?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• I really don't have time to sit and watch an 8+ minute video. Can you summarize it for me?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Why is it so important to you to constantly debate your beliefs against others?

Psst, genius, see at the top of your screen (and again at the bottom) this is the RELIGIOUS DEBATE section.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• AAK, in short, why, when he came to earth in human form, didn't he use that time to teach his humans things that would improve their lives?  It's somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but it's a round-table with God having a meeting with his angels, talking about his latest plan to come to earth after impregnating one of his teenage followers, and how he's going to save his people from their sins by sacrificing himself to himself.  How, while he's there, he's going to impress his followers with "miracles" like spitting in the faces of lepers and healing them, turning water into wine at a wedding party, walking on water, etc.  His angels ask him why he doesn't use that time, instead, to talk about the evils of slavery, the evils of gender inequality, and teaching them about hygiene and penicillin - things that could improve and extend lives.

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 6:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Why is it that people continually willingly come into the religious debate section and then act offended at the questions people ask? Are that many People really that dense???
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:13 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Nobody is offended. I would just like to know why she comes onto a site for advice for mothers when she does nothing but debate religion. While I can appreciate a religious debate section within this site, why is it so important that she constantly debates her beliefs against others when she remains closed minded about it anyway? I think that's a legitimate question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• It seems that she simply wishes to prove those who follow a religion wrong. Either that or she's not entirely sure she doesn't believe it in herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• "why, when he came to earth in human form, didn't he use that time to teach his humans things that would improve their lives?"

But he did
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• I believe He met this world where it was, KWIM? The progressive nature of man to learn and become more civilized is a natural process and He saw fit to not change that. Again, He is looking at mankind from His viewpoint not from ours in the here and now and where death is the end. God values the spirit because without the spirit alive and well the body suffers anyway. The spirit lives for eternity not the body.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Anon, am I mistaken?  Is this not the Religious Debate section?

Why does it bother you if I spend my CM time in this section?  And . . . how do you know that it's "all I do"?  Are you stalking me?  ;-)

Anyway, if you have something to contribute to this discussion, then by all means, please share.  Otherwise, what are you doing, spending all of your time worrying about what I'm doing and worrying about what my motives might be? 

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2013