Why does this happen?

Why do people complain about religious debates being posted in the Religious Debate section? Do they also complain about diet questions being posted in the Diet & Fitness section or parenting questions in the General Parenting section?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Nobody complained about a religious debate question being posted in the religious debate section. My QUESTION was why that's ALL she ever posts about and why she CONSTANTLY needs to debate atheism. Genius.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• And yup I posted anonymously. Go ahead and make some snarky remark about it. I won't be returning to this post.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• I don't think the Anon was complaining about a debate topic in the Religious Debate category. I think the question that was raised, appropriately or not, was why the need to challenge Christianity from an atheist perspective seems to be such an important issue for you. You are, of course, under no obligation to answer such a question, but I've wondered about it myself. I'm curious what you get out of posting videos like the "Why Didn't Jesus" one, or out of the discussions that follow. I'm interested in discussing my faith with others who want to hear about it or talk over differences constructively, but debating it with someone who clearly isn't open to it or willing to consider it in a positive light seems pointless to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Well,people don't need to answer them so......
    You got me. I don't know why anyone would complain.
    How is the Atheist thing any different from someone posting Praise Jesus ones over and over?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• They like to complain. It seems some like to complain about anything and everything. That's just my observations from life in general, and I assume can be applied here also.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• thats just the boredom of some people i guess
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• People are easily offended when their beliefs are touted as "truth" by everyone and thus they feel the need to say how "rude" it is that the topic of religious debate is even an option rather than use their brains and stay out of such an "offensive" section.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• I don't know which question you're talking about but pretty sure who you're talking about but I see nothing wrong with her asking the amount of questions she's asking. Nor do I care what religion or lack of she's asking about.
    If people are offended, then don't answer.
    She's always been nice to me even though we disagree.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• *People aren't easily offended when their beliefs are touted as "truth" by everyone

Sorry typo...should have been are NOT touted as truth by "everyone".
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• My QUESTION was why that's ALL she ever posts about   I'm sorry. What exactly would you like her to post about under RELIGIOUS DEBATE?   

why she CONSTANTLY needs to debate atheism.  Maybe because she's an atheist? Maybe she's agnostic. Maybe she is trying to understand a christian point of view. Christians always say they want to share the good news, but seem to fail epically when questioned. They assume their breath is wasted, but never know who else may actually be influenced by what they read.  Way to spread the love. No wonder atheism is on the rise. Genius.  You know you have the option of NOT answering a question if it twists your (general) panties, right? Seems a bit stalker-ish to bitch about what someone else posts "constantly".

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2013