how do you get rid of cat gas?

Seriously I know its gross but my cat, my beautiful, sweet loving, best friend, who is my shawdow has GAS! I cant take it anymore, like right now she is curled up sleeping next to me and i need a can of febreeze!

I havent changed her food in months I am very good about feeding her the same food, i dont give her table food its very rare for me to give her a tuna treat (its possible someone slipped her some).

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this nasty gas?

3_ring_circus_

Asked by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pets

• lol i feel your pain!!! my cat is the same way! hes on dry food and its the same dry food hes been eating since we brought him home, and all of a sudden he is a walking stink bomb!! i swear hes worse then the dog!! lol i wish i had a solution, but i dont!! i hope you get an answer though becasue i cant stand it anymore!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• LOL well it would be nice if it made a car run j/k,if your useing wet food try switching to dry or half dry half wet food thats how my kitty's gas stoped even tho they still poot every now and again lol good luck...
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• LOL So glad i am not alone, she is on dry food, I have 3 cats and she is the only one with this issue, but she is almost 3 years old and my other two are under a year so she is still young, I have had cats my whole life and none of them have been this bad, my last two cats before these reached 15 years in age they never had gas, even my husband is gagging and that is saying something lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:05 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I don't know, but you're question made my day!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009