My baby turned blue!

Has this happened to anyone? My 5 month old is teething and he got to screaming so bad that he could not catch his breath and he started to turn blue! So scary - has this happened to you and what did you do to help them?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 2:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This only happened to me when mine were newborns, we used to gently bow in their face and they would take a breath. It is very scary my daughter actually just stopped breathing one day while we were looking at a house i almost came unglued and she is my thrid child.

My oldest had lots of breathing problems so it wasnt uncommon for him to stop and then all of a sudden take a breathe. we spent many nights sleeping in chairs with him on our chest keeping him upright.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• has he been checked for acid reflux?my oldest girl did that and it was because she had acid reflux and they gave her meds for it and it stoped and she didnt start doing it till she cut her first tooth
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 2:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• That is so scary.
    Shellmybells

Answer by Shellmybells at 4:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I always blew in my little guys face when he was that upset. alwyas help[ed him to breathe I don't know why...
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 10:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree. Blow lightly intheir face and it is natural reaction to take a breath. (It's actualy cute when you just do it for fun.)
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 11:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2009