• In the Spotlight:

babyshower or no babyshower?

I'm not sure if i want to have a babyshower, i was really excited about having one at first but thats when i lived near my friends and fam, but now that i'm back with my dh i'm too far for anyone to just come by...and i could only imagine 3 of his fam being there with out wanting to bang my head agianst something LOL. I was really looking forward to one but now i'm just not so sure...i don't want certian people there and I'd feel weird planning it myself...should i just not have one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yesssss you should still have one come on free stuff hehe and its fun!!!!!!!! ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Awww that stinks that you aren't by your family and friends. My mother-in-law threw a baby shower for me with my husband's family, Church family, and close girl friends. I felt a little akward because I didn't know some of the women there and I wasn't close with anyone there, but it was still a lot of fun. Go! Have fun!
    If possible, travel to where your family is for a second baby shower. My mom threw me one when I went to visit during my pregnancy. That was more fun because it was my people! And it doubled the stuff I got for the baby
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 2:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yes, have one! Maybe your Mom can come out and make it more bearable. Also, pregnant ladies get to eat as much cake as they want and no one can say anything to you about it! Wheee!!!
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• do it.My SIL is throwing mine, and she hates my guts but I cannot get out of it. go get the free stuff and cake and enjoy the day.Even if you do not know many people, how nice is that that they wanted to celebrate your baby? kinda sweet actually, just welcoming a new life.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2009