Why does my pee smell like an outhouse?

Not trying to be gross but thats the only want I can describe it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Health

• yeah i had the same prob at one point and it was because of pepsi and mountain dew not only did my urine smell horrible but i would burn like i had a uti every time i drank them come to find out im alergic to pepsi and coke products i can take one sip and it kills my bladder mabe you should talk to your doc you could have this same prob ,i would like to add that this is a new allergie that on set so i am all about water and juice and tea ,hey its also been a good thing doing without all the sodas i have lost weight so it has its bennefits lol good luck sweety
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 2:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• did you eat asparagus?
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• you may need to be drinking more water, My husband has weeks where he lives off coffee and mt dew and i have to take the coffee can away and stock the fridge with water and tell him nothing but water! also try cranberry juice it helps clean out your urinary track and head off infections.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• have you been checked for an STD? Drinking enough water?ummm...I'm trying to think of what else would cause stinky peepee.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• ok there is many reasons that you could have this smell,one being a infection,such as vagonosis or a yeast infection,if your overweight it can cause foul urine and or vaginal odor,it can be a sighn of dibetes,is there any discharge,or is your pee darker then normal?
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 2:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I havent been checked for an STD but I have also only been with hubby. I dont drink water at all only pepsi mostly.. maybe thats the problem. pee is darker then usual. I had vaginosis for 2 years straight after every period so i know thats not the problem because it never affects me in this way :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• soda especiially pepsi and coke are the absolute worst things you can do to your body, water is a essential need for your body to function well. DRINK WATER, I can not say this enough, if y ou dont like water then make sure it is ice cold and squeeze a little lemon into it. a liquid diet of pepsi is so bad for your body it causes weight gain, sluggishness i could go on and on.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Not consuming enough water can definitely make your urine smell more strongly. Vitamins can make your urine more yellow than normal, also. If you are in a monogamous relationship, well it's obviously not an STD. Just drink more water, it's so good for us.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• if you don't like water try gatoraid it at least has more flavor and is good for you :)
    Alexis82

Answer by Alexis82 at 5:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2009