Need some interview help!

I'm job-hunting for the first time in almost 20 years. I have an interview tomorrow for an accounting/bookkeeping position. I know there will come that time when they ask if I have any questions. Any suggestions on what to ask?

hootie826

Asked by hootie826 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 11, 2013 in Money & Work

• The questions will vary depending on what is said in the interview. I'd make sure that they realize why you are interested in the job other then just a pay check. Interesting, skills used,etc. If you need to confirm anything that they may have said. That you are looking forward to hearing from them (if they don't hire you on the spot).
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• I'd ask what kind of training they provide, ask about benefits, how long it takes to be covered, how much the pay is (people are always afraid to ask, but you should know this up front) how much opportunity there is for advancement and raises.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:07 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Good luck!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Google something like "interview advice" and you should see a lot of helpful stuff. Hope it goes well!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 3:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Ask questions about the company, the software, the competition. How you can make an impact. Be prepared for them to think you haven't touch a computer in 20 years and know nothing about Windows. What is the first project they want you to fix. Why the position is open. Do not ask about benefits salary or vacation until they offer you the job. You want the focus to be on what you can do for them, not what they can do for you. It is a rough market out there and you don't want them to pick somebody who is more up to date on the software. Be ready with answers to how fast you will be useful to them.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 6:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2013