Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps


My DH has custody of his 7 year old DD. BM has supervised visits because she was known to leave the little girl by herself when she went to the store or even left to go to the bar. Now BM is asking my DH if she can have unsupervised DH is not comfortable with it and BM is mad what should be done?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (5)
  • Well unless BM goes back to court to request unsupervised visits she is stuck with Supervised visits. That's just the fact of it.

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

  • If the court order says supervised visits, then your husband doesn't have to give her unsupervised if he doesn't want to. If she wants it that badly, then she should go back to court to ask for it to be changed, and let the judge decide if she's now stable enough and reliable enough to be trusted with the child alone.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 12:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

  • who cares if she's mad. Tell her to take you to court if she has a problem with it and have all supporting documents showing what she has done and she can't be trusted.

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

  • Nothing else to be done. If the order is for supervised, then that's what it's for. If she wants it changed then she needs to go through the courts.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 12:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

  • She's mad, so what? She's the one who left the child alone in the first place. Tell her to take it up with the judge.

    Answer by Ballad at 12:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.