Judaism has more in common with paganism than Christianity

The full opinion piece is here.  Why do you agree or disagree?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Interesting but, since I've never in-depthly studied Judaism I can't say whether that's accurate or not. I can say that not all Jews study the Kabbalah. And, not all Kabbalists are Jews.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• I can say that not all Jews study the Kabbalah.

But whether they study it or not, it's still part of the foundation from which the rules governing them originate.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Interesting - especially the point made at the end of the blog about being clear as to which religions one might "have a beef with".  I suppose that I lump all Abrahamic religions together, including Judaism, mostly because that is how it's most widely accepted, and for the fact that we have for decades been embroiled in Middle Eastern conflicts among which is the defense of a strip of land that has nothing to do with our nation or our nation's security, but everything to do with a promise interpreted from a book written by and about people living several millenia ago.  The particular Judaism described in the blog may or may not have anything to do with that conflict.  That is my main "beef" with Judaism.  Some would accuse me of being anti-semitic for that reason.  I most certainly am not.  But I am pragmatic, and see that defense as a waste of lives and resources.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 2:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• ^^^True but, I guess it's kind of like how Christians tend to pick & choose?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2013