My boyfriend wants me to get an abortion?

I am 25 and my boyfriend is 30. I have a daughter that is 6 and he has a daughter that is 2. I recently found out i was pregnant his reaction was pretty much as self centered and selfish as i imagined it to be. He wants me to get an abortion. Claiming either one of us is ready, wrong timing, blah blah. I DO NOT believe in Abortion but i agree with his reasoning. The timing sucks.... i dont know what to do.

Lovedolls916

Asked by Lovedolls916 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You could consider adoption. It would allow your child to live and have a loving family without requiring you and your boyfriend to add a child to your family when you don't really feel like that's an option. Plus, with open adoptions these days, you could still have plenty of updates and know that your child is healthy and happy. It's a hard option, but such a loving one - to choose to bring happiness to a family that perhaps can't have children on their own and give the child a life rather than having to take it away. Something good out of a less than ideal situation
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Abort the boyfriend.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Abort the boyfriend and keep the baby. Do not have an abortion if you believe it is wrong or don't want one. Least of all for His convenience.

By the way, Congratulations.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• And use precaution next time you have sex and aren't ready to get pregnant.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Do what YOU want. It takes two to make a baby. You just stated you expected him to be self centered so why the hell stay in a relationship like that? There is never a right time to have a baby. Most babies are unplanned.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Figure out what YOU want and do what is right and what is best for YOU. Do that, and then dump the douche bag.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• He'll get over it. Congratulations on the pregnancy. Timing isn't always perfect but it will work.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• my ex boyfriend was like this
    we did try to make it work (i had our child)
    and we were together for 3 years, not good years, he continued to be a "project" that never would work

i left him (for good reasons)

and i wish i had left right from the moment he was very insistent that i have an abortion
    i am raising my child by myself anyway
    but
    my child was around him for the first 3 years, so she misses him
    if i had left from the start, i still would be raising her alone, but she would not have an empty place in her heart that her dad is gone,
    she would not know any different

good luck
    and congratulations on the baby

do what is right for you, if abortion is not right for you, it is not an option...period

Anonymous

• The only one who can answer that is you. Try to find some time all alone to think about this child and what you want to do. It is your decision. I do not believe in abortion either and I can not in good  conscience tell you do do so.  There are other alternatives even if you do not wish to raise this child yourself.  Just take some time to think about what  YOU want to do.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• I know it sounds mean but can you abort the boyfriend? Sorry but he sounds like an ass
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2013