nursing

My daughter is 10 days old and i BF. How do I know if she is nursing long enough? about how long should she be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They nurse almost all day long in the beginning. Don't give up and good job!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Are you nursing only, and on-demand? You should be able to tell most easily by counting diapers. Plenty of wet/messy ones everyday will help you to know. Have you kept track?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• she will let you know when she is full hon.Also, if she is feeding on demand, start keeping track and do not let her nurse all the way to sleep.Sometimes babies use breat as a pacifier and then wake up hungry kwim? you can ask doc how much she should be feeding and start trying to schedual, do not worry mama, its still nes and it gets better. ;o) congrats on your little one.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I never got mine on a real schedule until she was out of that "newborn" stage. As for how long? I really believe it depends on the baby. Some "Lactation Specialist" @ the hospital got me all worked up because mine was only nursing like once every 3 hours for ten or twenty minutes and was going on about how everything I was doing was wrong. Then when our Dr actually saw the baby a week later she said she was perfectly healthy & we weren't doing ANYTHING wrong. ALL babies are different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You'll know by the amount of diapers you change. If you are changing at least 5-7 diapers in 24 hrs, it's fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my lil one would only nurse for 5 minutes at a time,offer both breast in one feeding is what i do,it is alot of work for the fisrt few months.we interdoced the pacy after she was one month becouse sometimes u will think she is hungry but she only wants to suck
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2009