Scrapple update: Eeeeeeek!

It had a gamey wang to it. I used my manners; I did not spit it out. I may never recover from it. The texture was horrific.

I do not recommend scrapple.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 7:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2013 in Food & Drink

• LMAO!!! My DH used to work with some guys that would come up here from Virginia ( we are in MA) and they used to rave about scrapple. It became a huge joke between them so for a week DH had me save all kinds of meat scraps. He fedex'ed the stuff down there but didn't realize the guy he sent it too went on vacation... it sat in a fedex box on his desk for a week!! The guys office smelled like ass when he cam back!! They still laugh about it... good thing b/c I guess it was NASTY!! Just the thought of scrapple makes me laugh and cringe at the same time. Too funny!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• throwing up Ugh,that reminds me of trying head cheese. I almost barfed out that lovely stuff

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Thanks for letting us know. If it's anything like Spam: yuck!
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Was it wild pig or just regular farm raised pork?

At least now you've tried it, and survived! Great job for you, setting a good example ... at least you stick to the rules you make your kids follow.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• The only time I had scrapple was in a college cafeteria. I was hungry, so I ate most of it, but that was the only time.

Answer by Bmat at 8:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• I've never heard if of it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• EWWWW...Blech....You are a trooper though!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• That's what I figured... Thanks!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• It's scrapple- literally the scraps. Lips and assholes, and anything else they can boil off the bones.
    Lat time I had it I was a child, and I couldn't stand it before I knew what was in it. Now that I know, I'll never eat it again!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Oh nothing like spam. Spam is elegant in comparison, and I don't eat spam.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2013