Should I give my 3yr Old up for adoption?

I have a 2.5 yr old son who will be 3 in May. I cannot deal with him any more and believe I should give him up for adoption or let his father who is currently incarcerated have custody upon release. I am an emotional wreck and I am aware, but I also have a 10 month old daughter who doesn't drive me up a wall like he does. He doesn't listen, everything is a arguement, he talks back, he fights and throws horrible temper tantrums. I can't get him to learn anything, no colors, numbers, potty, his age...he refuses and acts like he doesn't know what I am saying. I am trying so hard but think the best resolution is giving him away. I recently had a suicide attempt and he is the only thing that makes me contemplate killing myself. I have no help in raising him and I simply do no think I can do it anymore. I love my son to death. His smiles makes my heart sing but he is a hazard to my mental and emotional health. I spend so much time y

Kenno B.

Asked by Kenno B. at 8:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Only you can make that decision but some parenting classes will work.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Yes please! He doesn't deserve a mother who doesn't want him. With the way you feel about him it's no wonder he acts the way he does! Just don't be surprised when your now 10 month old acts the same way at age 3.

Answer by missanc at 8:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Give them both up, you have no business having children.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• If you are going to do it, don't wait. The older he gets, the harder it will be for him to find a loving home. Consider, too, that the reason your ten-month-old doesn't give you trouble is that she's too young to talk and get into everything. Sometimes putting her child into a new family is the best gift a mom can give to him.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• i agree.. with kristis give them both up. you are selfish and ignorant. why would you give up one and keep another.. all kids are hard at one point or another.. I bet he wont listen or learn bc you yell at him.. no one said kids were easy to raise.. and you give that child up hes going to know whats going on. hes not a damn toy or a pet. hes a human that you created.. you need help!!!!!!!
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• You need to contact your local social services office for assistance. they will be able to give you options and help you decide what would be best for you and you children. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. Especially with something as life altering as giving up your children.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Everything that you have mentioned sounds like a normal child to me. If his smile makes your heart sing and you love him, I would talk to your dr before going to the drastic extreme of giving him up. If you are an emotional wreck maybe you should be on medication, if only temporarily. I don't know the whole situation and for sure am not going to judge you. I'm just saying maybe you should talk to your dr. Do you have family that could help you out? We all get to our wits end when it comes to children, it's part of being a parent. If you can't handle it with this one, you aren't going to be able to handle it with your 10 month old either. Talk to your dr. Take some parenting classes. Read articles online.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• call 211
    and tell them what you told us

do it now
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Do it & do it now. With both of them, I'd take him, you don't deserve him :(
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• You should give both up for adoption to one family so they can be together. Eventually the baby girl will be three & act the same way. Do it soon so they can each have a normal, happy life with a loving family. That would be giving them both a gift.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2013