Thoughts? Is this what Jesus wants to see? adult content

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Religious Debate

• LOL PMS. So true.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• I've wondered about that too. The thought of wearing a little torture and murder device as jewelry is creepy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I've often wondered that myself - especially about those multi-million dollar crosses that we see along the highway in my area.  My husband always quips that it shows that they are better Christians than anyone else because their cross is bigger.  I always wonder why they'd choose to spend so much money on a garish symbol when it could be used to stock soup kitchens or house a few homeless - the kind of loving, selfless kindness that their savior was supposed to have demanded.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I've always found crucifixes & crosses "creepy" for that reason. And, I also used to live in an area where huge crosses were put up. The worst was done by this mega-church on a interstate turn off. It was especially horrible at night, the huge cross main cross, and 2 smaller ones beside it, would be lit up & it would literally look like you're going to crash into this huge cross trying to get off the interstate.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• yeah you did it!!!! You uploaded a pic :P
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• HA!! even when i was a very by-the-book Christian i didnt like the idea of wearing cross jewelry...it always seemed contradictory to me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Yup, pretty much lol.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• lol- i can see your point.

however, when i was a christian (lutheran to be exact, which makes a difference as most lutherans are crucifix people) i wore a cross on a necklace. the cross symbolizes the importance of Jesus' sacrifice and the redemption of mankind, and, admittedly, i got the "look at me im proudly representing my religion" factor as well.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• That's a good point
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• too true

why not concentrate on how he lived his whole life
    and not the last moments and how evil humans can be to each other, torturing him (and many others in that day and time)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2013