The big First Birthday

My little boy will be turning 1 next month and I was hoping for some lovely birthday ideas. Im not sure what to ice his cake with as I want it to be healthy too.

Shellmybells

Asked by Shellmybells at 4:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep your expectations low - remember that this party is more for the people that love your son and that he may be very overwhelmed.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It's a 1st birthday party so simple is the best. The older they get the harder it'll be to go simple. As far as healthy, i don't know what to tell you. I always look at it like it's one day out of the year that i can let them eat almost anything they want so i don't hover too much. Plus, as a 1st birthday, they aren't going to choose a lot of junk food because they don't know any better. I made a smash cake so they had their own but thats all the sweets she ate. She only ate 1/2 of that.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Can you ice a cake with yogurt? Thats healthy? I used a frosting (vanilla) with Splenda for my sons first birthday
    mrsmommy2007

Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I made a homemade cake and real buttercream frosting. My son got his own slice to smash and the rest of us enjoyed the cake too. the cake recipe is wilton's and the frosting is on the bag of powered sugar.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009