Did This Happen To You Growing Up?

Was it you, or not?

Lindsay4Ambit

Asked by Lindsay4Ambit at 12:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• haha by high school yes. my brother was (and still is) a tool.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• My brother was and still is the favorite.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Absolutely. I was an only child.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Yup, my mom made it pretty clear I was the favorite. Of course I was the only one who could tolerate her "eccentricity" . Even in death she favored me. . She willed 90% of her money to my kids. She wanted to give it all to me, but I told her I would end up being pushed into splitting it with my brother and sisters. So she left it to my kids because she said she didn't want the others to get the money. My brother is so mad at what she did that he hasn't spoken to me in 4 years. Like it was my fault.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I'm pretty sure my mom hated us all equally. We were all rotten...and I mean that. She didn't have one ounce of rest LOL! I look back on the things we pulled growing up, and think "WTF?! How did she not snap?"
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• NOPE
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:16 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• nope
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• No

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• No, it's definitely my younger brother.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I don't think I felt like I was the favorite child. I didn't feel like one of my siblings was favored, either.
    I enjoyed opportunities (I was much younger than my siblings, an "oops" baby) some of the others did not have, since many financial burdens had eased somewhat by that time, but my parents were very giving to my older siblings & the grandchildren so it was not as if I were "singled out" for special treatment at that point.
    I do think I felt special & valued, and felt a real connection with my parents, but I did not feel as if this were at anyone else's expense (it seemed like my parents felt that way about my older siblings, and certainly they supported them.)
    The big difference in my actual experience was that my dad had retired (career military officer) before I was born. So he was VERY available to be involved in a way he hadn't been with the others. His experience of fatherhood deepened & that changed his "way."
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2013