What happened to you when your baby fell asleep?

I finally got baby down for a nap. Leaning down to put her in the crib my boob falls out, the phone rings, the mailman knocks at the door, the dryer sounds its end of cycle signal and my three year old finds an old piece of candy on the floor and eats it.

Baby awake. Big surprise. Love life.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I could actually turn into a maniac in a split second if anyone make noise while the babies were asleep! Once at night, I had just put my Son to bed & a neighbor started hammering his car engine. I kept flipping the outdoor lights on & off frantically & he stopped!! LOL! I disconnected the door bell, I put the phones in a drawer, I have a sound machine in her room (I did the same things when my Son was a baby). I could probably be a Ninja since I can do housework in sheer & utter silence. I cherish my alone time. My 6 year old plays in silence too when he is home from school (poor kid) LOL! He doesn't want his baby sister to destroy his toys so he plays quietly as not to wake her. Everyone knows NOT to call between 11:30 & 2:30 too! I'm a fanatic but if she doesn't nap, she won't sleep solid through the night. Sleep brings on sleep for her.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Not a house rule, but a threat I used to issue: Anyone caught waking the baby will sleep on the deck! That goes for cats, dogs, dh, and siblings!!!

The mailman would have been told to sleep on his own deck, lol.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• LOL...Sounds like the chaos theory!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I have twins. When they were babies people used to tell me that I looked tired (you don't say!) and advised me to nap when the babies napped... I shall never know how I contained myself from being rude. Firstly, do I look so stupid that I can't even realize that I should rest when they do and secondly, they never napped at the same time! AAAARRRGGHHH! I know these people meant well but ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I do not miss those days! Sometimes I wonder why I want another one lol
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I would go lay on the couch and fall alseep too.

Answer by louise2 at 6:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• ah the good old days. It still happens as they get older but it's much easier because you learn to juggle and be fast.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I remember making up this poem about my pet birds once when they woke my baby up from her nap.

"Sing a song of slaughter, the parrots had to die.
    Scrawny wings and drumsticks baked in a pie.
    When the pie was opened, the birds began to screech.
    Now wasn't that a better dish than apple pie or peach?"

P.S. No living animals were harmed during the writing of this poem.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• My mom like others have said, sleep when the babies sleep, as if! But I was never quiet when my dd was sleeping. I have always thought you need to be quiet until my mom told me the reason is so the baby will get used to it when she gets older. And I am glad listened to her! Cause in the summer, dd wasn't even a year old yet, we had a sadistic neighbor who like to keep his dogs out in the morning, and mow his grass 2x a week whether or not it needed it. He was OCD to the extreme! And of course thats when dd wanted her nap. She slept through everything, including me vacuuming.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Oh I was loud as heck when she was a newborn. Doesn't work anymore for her. She demands some quiet time. Near impossible with my sassy chatty three year old princess.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Mar. 13, 2013