Facebook, true or false

saw this and wondered if true and if good idea
----------------------------------------------------
Just so everyone on my friends list knows that I completed this and I am done!
facebook has changed their privacy settings once more!! Due to the new "graph app" anyone on facebook (including other countries ) can see your pictures, likes & comments. The next 2 weeks I will be posting this, and please once you have done it please Comment DONE!!! Those of you who do not keep my information from going out to the public, I will have to DELETE YOU! I want to stay PRIVATELY connected with you. I post shots of family that I don't want strangers to have access to! This happens when friends click "like" or "comment"....automatically, their friends would see our posts too. Unfortunately, we cannot change this setting by ourselves because Facebook has configured it that way. PLEASE place your mouse over my name above (DO NOT CLICK), a window will appear,now move the mouse on "FRIENDS" (also without clicking), then down to "settings", click here and a list will appear. REMOVE the CHECK
on "LIFE EVENTS and "COMMENTS & LIKES". By doing this, my activity among my friends and family will no longer become public. Now, copy & paste this on your wall. Once i see this posted on your page, I will do the same. Thank You

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 7:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Technology

• Let me stress, though, that there are two places that you need to check to ensure that your settings are on the privacy level you want.  It's not enough to set the ones under the lock icon.  You have to go to both places - the lock icon and your profile.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Go to Snopes.com and you'll see that this is partly true.  The thing is, it's not the responsibility of the friends to change their settings, but up to the user to ensure that her settings are on private.  There are two places to do this, as I learned.  One is at the lock icon at the upper right hand side of the screen.  Click on that and check your settings.  You can also click on the box that allows you to see how the public can view your profile.  The other thing to do is to go to your profile on the upper left hand side of the screen.  Once you click on your profile, you'll have to go through each option to set the individual aspects of your profile to private - however you're most comfortable.

I hope this makes sense. 

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• All that does is make it so that the person doing it (your friend) doesn't see the things you like or comment on. It doesn't change their friends seeing what they like or comment on, which if the person posting this is wanting their photos and stuff to remain private, is what they would be concerned about.

If you don't want people other than your friends to see your photos, statuses, etc., then all you need to do is change all your privacy settings to "Friends Only." And then check it regularly to make sure it's still set that way, because Facebook likes to randomly change it for you without telling you. But following that particular post's instructions will not do what they want it to do.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I don't believe so

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Most of these Facebook comments about settings are just spam written by people with too much time on their hands. I AM NOT SUGGESTING that this is necessarily the case here, but I think we should all proceed with caution...
    stace101

Answer by stace101 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• False
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• If you already have your setting set as private,you're good

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Anything you post on the internet private or not can e found if you know computers and navigation very well.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2013