Why did you choose to stop at one or two children?

Why did you choose to not have anymore children after you had just one or two?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i stopped cuz they told me if i had more than the one i had that it would kill me and most likely the baby too... my son almost didnt make it as it was and i was in the hospital for about 3 weeks after he was born...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• We had DD (#1) and were completely happy. Then it just seemed like we weren't quite done. After DS (#2), we knew we were. It's a good number for us - everyone has their own window in the car, we can afford them, the level of stress is tolerable - it's what works for us.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• right now we cant afford a second child. We thought about having baby #2 in about 8-9 years from now. if we still want a baby by then, then we will try for it.

but after 2nd baby we are def. done. i never wanted more than 2 kids. there is no specific reason for it, i just dont want more. no reason to have a whole soccer team ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Because I had other priorities at the time.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 7:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Because I didn't want any kids... And somehow we have two... I love my kids but kids in general just aren't my thing and I hate being a mom...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Right now we don't have the money or the living space for another child. We have thought about having another child in about 4-5 years from now but we will see when that time comes. I would be happy if we just had one, because it would mean we would get to do more with that one child rather than 2 children.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i had a similar experience to one of the ppl above, my daughter and I almost didn't make it out alive. I was also told to not have anymore. I did get pregnant nine years ago and lost that child four months into the pregnancy, now, by sheer accident but, it's ok- here I am six months preggers and scared to death. I have to have a c section with this one too, so far so good, no complications, yet I am praying all falls into place and we are fine and healthy during and after delivery.
    Arri

Answer by Arri at 7:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have two sons 8 & 11. and would love to have another child. If it's a girl, great. Another boy, great. Doesn't matter but we can't afford it and I'm scared. O.k. My second son was sick when he was born and I'm just afraid to have a baby that's not healthy. Plus I love my kids very much but I admit they drive me crazy at times. Hey, they're healthy and we can afford whatever they need and that's what counts. I'm happy.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 7:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• We can comfortably afford two and any more kids would have driven me crazy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Shortly after DD was born, I began having issues with "my equipment" and was considered high risk for pregnancy, so DH had the big "V" to avoid risks of becoming prego again.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2009