can a 3 yrear old play you??

my 3 year old has been sick on and off since tuesday. well last night he seemed a lil better so at 8pm i put him in his bed...all was quiet about 8:30 i hear him crying well almost screaming i go up to him and he said i hurt boo boos..were? my ear ok needless to say by 9pm my dh said bring him down stairs ( dh was calling doc. ) so i put him in our bed and put a movie on for him. he was quiet and laughing at the movie dh thinks he played us. i think he might have to but still think his ear really did hurt.. what do you ladies think? what would you do?

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• all kids play you. and i was going to say i dont know if a three year old knows enough to play sick to get what they want but it sounds like yours does lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:05 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• great lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• IDK, I think they can play you but have his ear checked anyway, LOL.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my son tells me all the time his belly hurts. I think he does it when he feels he isn't getting enough attention.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I know when i was little I had a reaction to some medication. I didn't itch when i was distracted by the tv. But then when i wasn't doing anything it would itch and I would scratch. My parents got upset by this and at first thought i was "playing" them.

I would have it checked out.... sometimes you just can't tell.
    Jelyla

Answer by Jelyla at 12:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My daughter "played"me and her whole daycare staff last week.She was whiney and acting sick.She said "Call Mommy" all sad. So they did and said she wasn't herself today. I picked her up and she was fine. Now she whines when I leave her until she sees my car drive away.hey feel played. So do I. Another better example of her conniving is .... One day she was laying on her brother's pillow and she said to him"Haha I got your pillow,Bobby." He said "That's ok .I got your bedroom." She said it was her room. Then she dropped the subject . A little later she said to him" Bobby,will you turn my bedroom light on?". When he did she said "See,I told you it was still my room." She outwitted him and he is 20y/o.She's 3.
    CBMMOM

Answer by CBMMOM at 9:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2009