bothersome

i just read a post where the mother said she hated being a mother. now i am not trying to bash or cause drama. but it bothered me quite a bit. how could a person say that? i mean if those were your feelings then why would you bother having kids? i know i have my moments with being a mom we all do but i would never say kids aren't my thing and i hate being a mother. i just dont understand it?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I didn't read that one yet. Glad I missed it, that makes me sad. Poor kids. My kid is my whole entire life!
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• All I can think is that didn't have children by choice or that she is depressed. Hate is a very strong word, one that I would never use to describe my daughter. We all have moments where we want to escape, but don't fee like this all the time. I would suggest she see someone ASAP. That sounds like someone that might harm their child. Awful.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• mroning boner. lol i mean kboney. i thought it was horrid too i just couldnt believe she had said it it just shocked me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i suppose a mother who has no control or discipline over her kids would be extremely stressed out and upset all the time. I would guess that same mother has a bad relationship going on as well...no support, unhappy, all of that.
    Its never an excuse to basically wish you didn't have them, but thats my guess for her. She's got personal issues and is blaming them on being a mom.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I'm hoping she was just having a bad day? Idk, I could never imagine saying that. I think mamachamp is probably right though.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• this is the post. i mean she says she loves her kids but at the same time kids arent her thing and she hates being a mom. i could never bring myself to say that.

Because I didn't want any kids... And somehow we have two... I love my kids but kids in general just aren't my thing and I hate being a mom...
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I didn't read the post but I figure she didn't plan it, is overwhelmed doing it, feels very negative about herself or is having a very rough time right now. Motherhood is the best job in the world and children are such a gift. There are times I have really hated being in my shoes though. It really was about where I was though and not being a mother per se. It is also one of the hardest. I would like to see that post. Obviously, you and I are in a better place right now.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My brother's ex-girlfriend has 2 kids and 1 on the way. She will openly tell everyone that she does not even like kids! It always makes me so sad for the kids. Only one of the kids is my brothers but I treat all her kids like they are my nieces because I feel bad for them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I think when I was younger I would have been more irritated by this statement. However I have been having babies since I was 18 and I had my last at 40. I am tired and don't enjoy my last two as much as I did my first three. There are times when I think if I had to do it over again I would not have had my last two. I love them to death don't get me wrong, it is just that I am older and my youngest was 12 when I started having kids again. I had the world by the tail and then had to start all over again. I know this is not their fault and for the most part I suck it up and make the best of it...but there are times I would like to just be 42 and relax and have some me time. I think it is natural for any woman to feel like this from time to time..we are only human after all. Most of us get over it and enjoy our children. Motherhood is not for everyone, I hope she finds her way.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• well salexander my oldest two were thirteen and sixteen when i had bailey and i would not change a damn thing i love being amother and i love having a baby around again and i love the way the older too love her soo much and spoil her it is great oh and i love having babysitters when i need them lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2009