Help. Paper Project!

My DD has a project over spring break... Her teacher printed out a bufferfly on thick paper & told them to decorate it any way they want.... Instead of just coloring it/painting it... What are some things we can do? It is sappose to be a family project.....

Some of my ideas have been: -

Use pencil earaser & stamp color onto.

-use fingerprint with different colors.

Looks like image: http://www.bigactivities.com/coloring/insects/butterflies/images/butterfly.gif

coloring page

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I didn't mean to imply that you were taking over. I just wasn't sure if you were brainstorming and she wanted to just color it, so I wanted to just kind of point that out. I know sometimes I tend to take over my kids projects when they want simple and I think "oh, but that's so blah". lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Well, the teacher told them to decorate it any way they want, so...what does she want to do? Family project or not, I'd let her take control and decide what she wants to do with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• what about tissue paper?

you can crinkle it and glue it on, you can cut into squares or circles- put a pencil in the middle and fold up around it-then attach with glue (push it down with the pencil (hope that makes sense), cut into sprips or shapes or whatever, overlap it...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Can't see the picture. You can little craft things on it like pom poms, pipe cleaners, glitter, beads, or foam letters. You can take pictures of activities you did during spring break and cut out and glue them on together. You can weave ribbon through the ends.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Can't see the image, but there are lots of things you can do with it. Puffy paint for a 3D effect, glitter, foam shapes, spring pictures glued onto it, fabric, sequins, etc etc. Everbody pick something and incorporate it into your design.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Glue on buttons, sequins, beads, etc. Or do sponge painting. Cut a sponge into small squares, each fordipping into a color of paint, and then press them onto the paper.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• wendy, she has control... but we lack ideas... I was just trying to find suggestions to give her...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I would hole punch the wings and have ribbons going through them and maybe mount on a wood dowel so she can make it fly. Then add lots of glitter.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I say use it all tisue paper, glitter, whatever, I would make the most gaudy butterfly I could, lol!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Wendy.... After giving her a ZILLION fun pretty ideas... I gave up & sat out her paints......
    She disliked EVERY idea.... :-( *puffs chest out* Fine THEN....
    Her project is done... She painted it with a few different colors.. Woo (lol) ..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2013