What is with the sizing on little girl's....

panties?

They go 2t-3t and then 4t

The 2t-3t are little and adorable- then the 4t are just as tight but go up to her belly button.

LOL- what?!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yeah, it's weird. My 3 yr old can wear 2-3ts & 4Ts
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Yeah, I've wondered about that myself. It's weird.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• i know, it was really annoying when my oldest one grew out of 2t-3t but the 4t would fall off of her. why cant they go 2t, 3t, 4t, 5t, etc? for the record, there is no 5t either. i believe after 4t it goes straight to 6.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• My DD went straight from the 3ts to the size 5s.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Don't go by size, go by weight. I'd bet your girl is right on the high end of 2t-3t and low end of the 4t when it comes to how much she weighs. Like diapers, there is a crossover weight. Just put her in ones she feels comfortable in. 2t-3t may be a little too tight in places.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• my DDs the same way. the first pairs i bought her were way too tiny but the next size up was too big. even the ones she has now come up too high and are really loose.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• As much as you don't want to think of your dd in bikini panties - it solves the problem. I know gap sells size 4t bikini panties - not sure about others.

Answer by missanc at 3:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• That does make sense- briefs would be really high on my body too.

DD is like 3-5 lbs above the max weight it says on the 2t-3t- so it is by weight.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I have been confused with panties for DD from the get-go. They have always been HUGE on her.

She's 7 now and wears size 6 clothes...but still is in 4T panties. I have bought her 5T and they about fall off of her. I don't get it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2013