Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My BF and I broke up and he won't even sit down and say it to my face he refuses to give me any type of closure help I don't know what to do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (15)
  • When the two of you broke up he had to have said it was over, other words. You just have to accept that its not going to work and let go, so you can start the process to move on.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • My best advice is to move on, and forget about him...find someone else worthy of your love and time.

    Answer by older at 2:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Aww, I feel for ya, & know that this is really hard on you. But if he's refusing to talk to you about it, then you may just have to come to terms w/ the fact that as unfair as it is, & as much as it hurts, you may not get closure from him. Which means you're just going to have to try to find it for yourself. Focus on trying to heal yourself, & move on. It will take time, but it will eventually get easier. Just take it one day at a time, & focus on your kids & yourself.. *hugs*

    Answer by HappyEndings at 2:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • So he did not break up with you in person? What kind of closure do you need?

    Answer by louise2 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • It's hard when someone else won't give you the closure you need, but in that case, the best thing is just to close the chapter yourself and move on. Easier said than done, but you can't wait around for someone else to do it for you.

    Answer by Ballad at 2:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Just realize that he's a chicken shit who can't even face you. And, that since he's such a coward, you can no longer respect him.

    Answer by 3libras at 2:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Move on and be happy, dont worry about what he thinks

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • You can't rely on someone else to give you closure, you have to find it for yourself.

    Answer by SWasson at 2:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Closure is not for him. It's for you. You don't need a face to face long, drawn out goodbye with reasons for the break up. I think the closure you can get from this situation is that even though it was not the ending you deserved, it was an ending to the relationship. The best way to move on is to focus on yourself. Be better than the situation and be better than him. You deserve more than him and living well is the best thing. He will realize how immature and foolish he was. GL.

    Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • I am not sure what you mean. How did he break up with you if he didn't tell you.?

    Be that as it may. If he won't sit down with you, then write him a letter (not a text) and mail it to him.
    Break up with him in a very nice way and tell him you are available to talk if he feels the need for it.
    Then close the book on it. It is over and done with no matter wht he does as it is right now.

    Answer by Dardenella at 2:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.