Should I get a second opinion about this cough?

My 2 year old has a cold. the same one all of us have.. the fever, runny nose, vomitting and now a nasty cough. The other symptoms have subsided but the cough is still pretty severe. I took him to the doctor and they said everything is fine. It just needs to run its course. But this morning he coughed so hard he vomitted again. Should I be concerned. Should I take him to another doctor or is this normal?

missv66

Asked by missv66 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my opinion i would call the doc back and tell them hop he feels better
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my son has the same thing its horrible and now of corse i have the beginng of it. im taken my son to the doc today at 10 am. new symptom.. he said his ear hurts ( hes 3 ) but coughs so hard he gags and throws up. i have tryed everything and nothing so me and dh said thats it were taken him to the doc. i agree you should call doc again or talk to a nurse you never know. i guess i will be finding out later.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my son and daughter and me and dh just got over this nasty thing. All the same symptoms for all of us. My kids' pediatrician said it just has to run its course. there is nothing they can do for them or give them that makes it better. As long as the cough doesnt turn into a "barking" noise, you should be fine. Hope he feels better soon though.
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 1:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2009