When are you suppose to buy training bras? adult content

the underwear question reminded me to shop online for new underwear for my kids and im seeing the training & sports bras. i guess the obvious thing would be when they start to "grow" something there right, around puberty? but why not just buy them a real bra if they have breasts?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• The nipples "show through the clothing earlier that an actual bra is needed. The training bra is usually for the girl's comfrt so she goes not need to be embarassed by boy's stares.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• When they ask for one? If there are no breasts to support, I'd buy one when the kid asks, and if she doesn't like wearing it, don't buy more.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• When the breast buds show through her clothing.
    Around 9 or 10 is typical

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Once they start developing breast, it is hard to fit them into a regular bra, this is why the elastic fitting bra are training ones....

Answer by older at 2:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I would buy a training or sports bra when they start to get puffy nipples. When their breasts start to develop more then find something with a little bit more support.
    iloveadam0722

Answer by iloveadam0722 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I guess it was about fourth grade when I started wearing mine, and heard other girls talking about them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I bought one for one daughter who showed nothing until she turned 12. She felt very self consince (sp) about herself because all the other kids were wearing them when they were 9, 10. So for me it's either when she needs it for modesty or when she needs it for herself.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• My dd didn't start growing until 10 or so but she asked for a bra around 8 when some of her friends started wearing them. We bought a few training bras and Camis from justice.

Answer by missanc at 3:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2013