Yuck! How did I ever eat this stuff?

I wasn't feeling well and decided I wanted something hot and easy to fix for lunch. There was a bag of Raman Noodles in the cupboard, left over from my stepson. I hadn't eaten any in years, except in the occasional casserole, but I used to enjoy the soup once in a while, so I made it. Yuck! It's salty and just awful. How did I ever think this stuff was good?

Have you outgrown any foods you liked when you were younger?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I used to eat cup of noodles for lunch everyday at school- because they were 50 cents. They are NOT good anymore to me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Any fruity cereals... they all taste like fake chemicals to me. Grossss!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Fish sticks are the only thing that really comes to mind.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I don't hate the Ramen, but I always end up using the pasta and making my own broth.
    I will never again eat boxed Mac and cheese, I prefer homemade.
    And when I was little I liked my meat well-done, tennis shoe bottom consistency, lol. Not anymore, medium rare-medium for me now.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I've actually found the opposite to be true for me: I find myself liking things I didn't like when I was younger. Things like yogurt - I couldn't stomach it when I was a kid or teen. After I had my oldest son, though, I suddenly loved it. Sauerkraut is another one - it still isn't my favorite food, but I can manage to eat it.

About the only thing I can really think of that I ate as a kid and don't really like now is PB&J.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• lol that's exactly my thoughts last summer when i cooked it after not having ti for a few years.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Oh I use to eat red meat growing up but about 16-17 I stopped because I really started disliking the taste regardless of what form it came it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• i still love ramen, but i only use 1/2 packet so its not so salty. one thing i have grown out of- and the thought of it now is making my stomach churn- hormel chili in the can... BARF
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I used to like lima bean and beets

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I buy the baked lemongrass ginger ramen. They are good, and not greasy or too salty.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2013