night time stuffy nose

my 15 month old seems to have a stuffy nose some times during the day, but mostly at night. each night before bed, i put in some little noses in his nose to make sure his nose is clear so he can sleep well at night. he doesnt have a cold or fever. i just think it's because of the dryness/winter. we use the humidifier nightly too. should i worry or is this common during winter? thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This seems to be a common winter thing, especially if you have radiators as your heat source in your rooms. My son is the same way. If you do have full wall radiators, I have always kept a bowl of water on each one in the winter, so that when the water evaporates it moistens the air. that seems to help during the day. Another trick I have found to work for my 2 year old is to add a little bit of Vicks into the water of the humidifier, that works really well. hope that helps
    devinmendsen

Answer by devinmendsen at 8:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I'm with davinmendsen
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009