I Just Thought This Was So Cute!

My little brother is nineteen and he is going to college in Athens, Georgia. I don't get to see him very much so we talk on Skype a few times a week. I was talking to him the other day on the webcam and my seven month old daughter woke from her nap. I left the computer to get her from her crib and set her in my lap so my brother could see her. He started talking to her. "Hey Abby, Uncle Benny misses you! I love you baby girl!" She leaned forward, grabbed the computer screen, and was trying to kiss him. She was cooing at him too, like she was trying to talk to him. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. My brother started blowing her kisses over the webcam and she kissed her hand (Not quite getting the kiss blowing thing). She was so adorable!

Have your kids ever done that? My little niece (my older brother's daughter) used to try to blow kisses through the phone when she was little (before any of us had webcams).

Cowgirl_Coyote

Asked by Cowgirl_Coyote at 3:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awwww

I can't believe it's been 7 months since you had your baby!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• That story is adorable!

Answer by older at 3:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Awww. I have a friend whose great niece blows kisses at everybody now because she got so used to doing it for her mom on the Web cam when her mom was stationed in Iraq.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Awww- that's so sweet! Write it in her baby book & maybe set up a video camera for the next Skype session. I taught all my kids to blow kisses b/c I think it's so adorable. My youngest would also cock her head to 1 side when I would say to her "How cute are you" :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• tooo sweet!!
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• My mom wants to try taping her with the video camera next time. I don't have a video camera but my mother wants me to use hers. I have my cell phone camera but it's crappy quality. I've tried teaching her to blow kisses but for now she just puts her hands over her mouth and smacks her lips. Her daddy and I blow kisses at her all the time.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Comment by Cowgirl_Coyote (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• That is so sweet! DH has relatives in the UK so we used the webcam from an early age too. She got thrown the first time she saw her grand dad on web cam shortly after a real visit from him. She wanted to know how he got in there!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2013