Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im so confused about buying a home..

im buying a home for the 1st time. i only have 1700 left on it. well i was told i need a lawyer to close it.. i had called one place and they told me they couldnt help me. Anything anyone could tell me about closing on a home??? anything would help im new to all of this.


Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Home & Garden

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Are you renting to buy? You need an Attorney to transfer the deed into your name. Call a local Realtor & ask them & for the name of a Real Estate Attorney that is local.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Are you saying you are almost finished paying on it?  I ave never heard you need a lawyer to finish paying off a house. I heard it is like paying off a car. You finish the payments and the send you the dead to the house.  


    Answer by louise2 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • lol@dead to the house........ i know i dont need one to pay it off but i do need help on closing it which is putting it my name ... i wasnt real sure of how it worked.. and im buying;.. its an investment home. thanks you two :)

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Isn't that what it's called????!!!!!

    Answer by louise2 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Deed.

    Dead is when you die.

    Answer by staciandababy at 6:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2013