I've got mild Aspergers and my MIL was cracking her gum a few minutes ago!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
If you don't have Aspies, then you just don't understand.

Venting... Pipe up if you understand at all... ; )

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Health

• I don't have it but it would drive me nuts. She's rude and inconsiderate. My sister used to do it and drove my mom nuts. I was afraid she was going to smack her a few times! I wasn't allowed to chew gum but when I would sneak and chew it I never could get it to pop to get back at sis!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• My son understands. Literally his sisters voice drives him up a wall in an enclosed place like the car. He is in tears but he time we get where we are going because she is talking.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Gum cracking drives me crazy too. That & drumming on the table. AGGHHHH! :/
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• My 9 year old COMPLETELY understands. He's got Asperger's, ADHD, AND his dad's family BooHoo gene. He's a very emotional child that wears his heart on his sleeve.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• My stepson understands. He has Asperger's. Certain sounds will drive him from zero to meltdown in thirty seconds or less. I don't think gum cracking is one of them, but the wind blowing through open car windows when riding along the highway definitely will send him over the edge.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:12 AM on Mar. 13, 2013