Do you consider school holidays, "holidays" or extra work days? (Since the kids are not in school!)

JuiceBoxJungle

Asked by JuiceBoxJungle at 8:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• more work for me lol. i dont remember having this many days off in school. my dd had no school on fri teachers work shop and no school today and next mon feb vacation.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• A little of both. I like us getting to sleep to almost 8 (thats as late as we go) but the rest of the day seems like more work...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• extra work.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• They are my children, I don't considert them 'work', I do think it is just an excuse for people to be off work though.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I considered it vacation days. Not needing to get up to an alarm and rush the kids out of the house for school. We'd plan fun activities and outings.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I work for the school so it's a holiday for me. Sometimes, my kids want to do things, go places and see people. That can make it go either way. Today, the are home cleaning while I go out to do errands and a doctor's appointment and maybe to get my hair cut. They have had a holiday weekend so today is help at home day. I am going to treat myself to lunch while I am out so it's a real holiday for me. I put in my dues between Friday and today though and I have to put in more for the family tonight. It's our Valentine dinner since the kids had other plans on Saturday. I would say I deserve it.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2009