So I apparently "showed my a** tonight"

Dh won't turn the heater on. The kids were crying earlier because it was so cold...56 in the house. He says to put more clothes on. This friend he went to school with came over tonight. She remarked that she was freezing and its too cold in our house. The ass turned it on for her.

I was pissed, turned it off and said, "Aww hell no. You won't turn it on for your babies but you will for her! I don't think so. She can freeze like we do. "

He said I need to apologize to her for showing my ass.

I say no damn way. He won't let us run the heater but turns it on for his friends! Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• Why is the heat turned down for family and turned up for company?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Well, I have to say it probably made the guest feel a bit uncomfortable (not just the cold temp but for being in the middle of a marital spat), however he shows his ass every time he tells you or the kids to put another article of clothing on.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• You do know code enforcement AND CPS can get involved here.
    Is he willing to risk that?!?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Uh uh. I would have told him to stick it straight up *his* ass as soon as my kids were crying because of the cold. WTF, 56 in the house?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I think you are totally right! I would have felt the same way. I hate how people feel like you only need to clean, or turn on the heat, or wash your ass when company comes over. If it's good enough for company, it should be good enough for family, especially when it comes to basic comforts like heat.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 9:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Ummmm, If you can turn it off, why didn't you turn it on?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• id have told him to sleep outside if he wants to be such a little bitch about it- but hell would freeze over before id allow him to keep it that cold with my kids in the house.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I'd turn it on my damned self
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• i do not understand why you did not turn it up
    are you "not allowed" to? does he always treat you like a child?

agree he is an ass
    but he is not in charge of the heat!...or is he?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• If he hears it turn on he flips out and turns it off. He won't tolerate an electric bill over 140.

I'm cetain he was embarrassed, but I have no shame in calling him out in front of his friend.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2013