Would you buy cookies at a yard sale?

We are having a community wide yard sale in a few weeks and DD wants to make a cookie stand. I just don't know how many people will be interested in buying cookies at a yard sale.

On another note, I figured if she was going to try to sell cookies, we should try to make some different kind of cookies instead of just going plain ol' chocolate chip. We did a small test batch of Bacon Chocolate Chip cookies with Maple glaze. Is that something you would buy and try? If so, how much would you pay for a cookie?

BTW, for those of you that like bacon, they are really good.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Putting the cookies in Ziploc bags or wrapping them in plastic wrap will make them sell better than having them on an open tray.

I like the breakfast cookie idea--muffins also go over wel, as do banana bread slices. Not sure I would go for bacon cookies, but someone more adventurous with food than I am might be intrigued enough to try them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• I woudl go with regular cookies and something to drink as well. One family had a cooler of soft drinks and one of water botled and they sold them for 75 cent. That was about 50 cents a can profti and more on the water. And they sold out and had to buy more.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• make regular AND bacon ones!

and yeah- I probably would , especially if it was a kid offering them ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• I have bought some cookies and lemonade from a child's table at a yard sale.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• concession stands do really well at ours - some just do prepackaged stuff, some cook out hot dogs
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• Sure I would. I've sold a lot of cookies and muffins at yard sales, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• you know, i probably would. especially at a community yard sale- and you just gave me a really good idea to help keep my 6 year old entertained during our first one this weekend. its actually a really great idea because there will probably be lots of people walking around home to home and refreshments would be really convenient. going to google a bacon choc chip cookie recipe now! lol!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• When I bought from the kids, they have maybe 2 or 3 cookies in a baggie and sold them for .50 or .75
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• you could do like 3 for a dollar or .50 a piece

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

• My kids sold coffee and doughnuts at ours and they went over well.

Answer by missanc at 10:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2013