Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Custody in Luzerne county, PA. Need help.

My ex and I have come to an agreement on our own about custody. We're going to see a notary to sign the agreement this week before he takes him overnight on Saturday but I know this is not enough to be legally binding. (It will certainly help in court if I he doesn't return him but I don't want it to come to that to get my son back) I'm trying to find information on submitting the agreement to the court system to be approved and signed by a judge but I'm getting nothing on how to go about it without a lawyer which I really can't afford. Does anyone know how/has anyone done this in Luzerne county that can help me?

Answer Question

Asked by MamaStuart at 11:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 19 (8,209 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Contact court services. They are free but charge for paperwork. They will at least let you know policy and procedures. I hope thats a good web site to start. late and dont feel like doing too much research- sorry


    Answer by feralxat at 11:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Ask Snedeker.

    (she'll know what I mean)

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Call the court house and ask for services, filing services or court services. Different names in different places but basically the same. Ask them and if you do not get a good answergo down in person to their office.

    There are filing fees but not like if you have a lawyers fees tacked on.

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Not sure about your county. I know here I would go the family court floor of the courthouse and they would have the paperwork I need. There is a charge to file, but it's not a lot.

    Answer by missanc at 6:34 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.