Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Should I call CPS?

My 4 yo ds had a family event tonight. It was the first time in a while I spent time with both him and his dad. After the event we went to explore on a small hill. Over the hill we anyhow drop into a wash. My ds' dad used my son while holding onto his arm I'm assuming to "scare" my ds. I immediately picked up the ds and told him our little event was over. My ex's response was we were just having fun. Wtf? It wasn't fun for me. I'm sure my son wasn't squealing with joy over the scare that he could fall off a cliff. I don't know if I'm being dramatic or not, but I'd like to call CPS. I just don't know if that's appropriate to call for. It's not like he went over or was hurt, but seriously it's not right. Should I call them?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

This question is closed.
Answers (40)
  • "It's a $1500 retainer for the first six hours used and $100 an hour for anything that requires the attorney to work past that and that's for low income people. I can't afford that...." OP

    And thats straight BULLSHIT! There are lawyers in every state that does whats called "pro-bono" or free. You can your state bar. You type State Bar into a Google search and it bring up different states. Find yours, call them and ask them about free legal aid. Or go down to your court house and ask. Or go to this site.....



    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

  • See, here we go. We didnt give the desired response so OP is going to keep adding more and more until we react the way we were supposed to.

    Answer by feralxat at 11:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Yes, anon, CM is a place to ask and get advice. The problem with this post is that 1) you left out a LOT of details in your original posting, and 2) your answers just leave more questions.

    You KNOW your ex and his new girlfriend are abusing your child, you've called CPS on them before, yet you sit here on a site spilling bits of details in dribs and drabs because those that are answering are not answering with what you want to hear. THAT is why many here are getting so mad at you.

    It is your duty as that child's parent to protect him. This man that donated DNA to his existence is NOT a good influence in his life. Do your duty and protect that baby. Get a second or third job if you need to pay a lawyer. How will you feel if you let that baby go to his father and he comes back to you dead? Abuse escalates. That man and/or his girlfriend WILL go to far one day.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 12:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

  • You're overreacting.

    Answer by funlovinlady at 11:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • So ok, as a mom who knows that there is abuse going on why on earth do you allow him and her near the child? Document document document and take it to court, smh.

    Answer by funlovinlady at 12:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

  • You're overreacting.

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • Yup feral. Next thing the dads kicked him in the face and gave him j├Ąger bombs

    Answer by funlovinlady at 11:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2013

  • I took him to the doctor after he punched him. He said I had to call CPS for that

    docs are mandatory reporters. they can face charges for brushing something like that off. especially if a child, who is a suspected victim of assault, eventually dies and there is documentation that you (the doc) were contacted with concerns.

    Answer by feralxat at 12:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

  • I bet if you called CPS your ass would be investigated too and you could lose your kid.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 12:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

  • I wasn't trying to be mean, I was trying to get your attention!
    I hate it when women say I can't, how can I, etc. if you want something bad enough, you CAN!

    Are you afraid to stand up to him? Make waves?
    When it comes to my children, it is my duty to protect them, not send them into harms way if I had the suspicions you have.
    I say call CPS! If it helps your son.

    Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2013