Accept God?

So if a baby dies and hasn't accepted God because the kid doesn't even know God exists yet, does the baby go to hell?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Or what about people with Down Syndrome. They can be taught about God, but do they really understand?

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• There seem to be too many rules in the bible as far as who gets into heaven and who doesn't. i thought God loved everyone.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It depends upon your religious beliefs. Our religion teaches that a child does not reach the age of reason until the age of 6. This being said, if they should die before then and is not baptized then they will go to heaven. If a child/adult is baptized, regardless of age/mental capacity, they will go to heaven. If the child reaches the age of reason and is not baptized, it will depend upon sins. More than likely the child (due to age will not commit a mortal sin) therefore will spend time in pergatory for their sins and then will go to heaven. All religious beliefs are different though, but I don't know of any that believe a child will go to hell if they die early in life. They don't know about sin or original sin and therefore God would not punish them.

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• So if you aren't baptized, you go to hell?

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Well, I believe EVERYONE goes to heaven. They may go through varying processes when they get there, but everyone gets to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. I know many don't understand this logic but that's what happens when you know our GOD is all-loving and all-accepting.

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• When babies die they go to be in the presence of the Lord. Any child that can't understand what sin is or right from wrong is considered the same. They haven't reached what is called the age of accountability. They aren't accountable for their sin. Down Syndrome and Special Needs..I believe God protects those who can't fully understand fully about sin. And no you don't have to be baptized to be saved..the thief on the cross wasn't baptized and Jesus told him today thou shalt be with me in paradise. Salvation is simply recognizing you are a sinner lost and bound for hell in need of a Savior (Ro. 3:23, Ro. 6:23) and that God loved us so much He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins (John 3:16). Salvation is simply placing your faith and trust in Jesus Christ. (Acts 16:31, I Cor. 15:1-5). Trusting, Relying in Jesus.

Answer by heavenschild99 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You baptize a baby to wash away original sin & to ensure they go to Heaven if they die an early death. Our son was baptized at 2 weeks old. When you're old enough to understand the religion you are confirmed and seen as an adult in the churches eyes. You then live your life accordingly, act right & help others. Still, your good deeds don't get you into Heaven, knowing that you believe in the Triune God & that you're forgiven gets you there.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Heavenschild99 said it right according to what I've been taught in my faith.

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• There is such a thing as the age of accountability, as I call it. God knows the heart of a person.

Answer by momofsaee at 10:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• The vast majority of people in the world would say NO!

Answer by Marwill at 10:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2009