my 4 year old is not nice to others at all not even her sisblings

my 4 year old daghter dose not like to share.
and she hite her 2 year old brother all the time and steals things right from his hands. and every time she is around my 4 mounth old she hits him. i tred timeout but that dose not work for any of thouse thangs. plz help i do not now what to do.
she just stared preschool a cuplel of mounts ago an dshe is always getting in trubel for hitting and pushing and stilling toys. plz what do i do?

youngmmom

Asked by youngmmom at 9:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 4yo is going through a similar stage. We keep talking about not hitting. Stolen toys must be returned. And she still goes to time out. Be consistant! We'll get though it. I reward her when she shares nice and give her big girl jobs for helping her sisters instead of hurting them. It's going slowly, but it is improving. Also, her teacher has surely dealt with this behavior before, ask her/him for recommendations.
    arctophile

Answer by arctophile at 2:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i have been through this with my kids and nothing cures the issue like a good bottom spanking! yes i knw "I M a bad mom b/c i spank my kids" oh well!! every time a toy is stolen, it must be returned, a short bottom spanking should take place and then she must say i'm sorry and give a huge! but you need to stay on top and stay consitant. Being a mother isnt always fun and play and its hard when its time to be the punisher but as your kids get older, they will more respectful and aprieciate you more! GOD loves you
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• There could be many reasons, part could be age, though by this age they should be doing better with sharing, but each child is different. The first thing that came to mind for me was "is this a single parent home or are both parents there?" The reason behind this question may be especially if this is a single parent home, your daughter has to share YOUR attention with two younger siblings who obviously need more because they are younger. She is not going to fully comprehend this. She is looking for attention anyway she can get it. IF this is the case, definitly praise her for the good, be consistant w/your discipline for the bad (but don't over react or make a big deal, that is feeding the attention she is trying to get in the wrong way). And set aside a half hour everyday (maybe when the younger two are sleeping) just for her. She needs this. Focus on good positive things. (this is good for two parent homes too.)
    ejsmom4604

Answer by ejsmom4604 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009