Do you ever feel like...

you just aren't important. That no matter what you do or say, no body really cares about you. Like if you suddenly disappeared without a word to anyone, no one would bat an eye lash?

Is is selfish to want recognition for all that you do? Even if it's something as simple as being included in something like a special spot on someones fb post when they are listing all the people that have helped them, been there for them, supported them through their hard times and have done nothing but be a shoulder to lean on, or take this persons calls in the middle of the night because her bf just walked out on her and then you see all these names listed and your not there. Just makes me feel like I don't matter at all.

Sometimes I feel like being a good friend gets you nothing but disappointment.

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 10:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• I am sorry that you are feeling blue.

It seems that we have to try to get recognition only from ourselves, even though this seems unfair at times.

Answer by Bmat at 10:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• I've been there, I have my dark days where it really gets me then I look at my babies and know I am needed.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Sometimes I do. But, then I remember that my kids would miss me. Maybe no one else would but, my kids are my world so, their missing me would be all that mattered.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Actually, I feel like that a lot.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• I've been there. What is important is that you WERE a good friend right?
    Then being on a list or not shouldn't matter ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• im there right now, only its not with friends its with my DH. it sucks cause you cant say "hey! you need to respect all that i do for you!" cause then you sound like a jerk, but that person really needs to hear it. sorry your bummed!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• I hear that, Okmanders. I've been feeling lately like what I do is unappreciated, so why do it? The strategy won't work because I have a daughter who depends on me, but I've felt that way nonetheless.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• group hug

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Yep. Except for my son. I know he would miss me and my disappearance would have a major impact on him for the rest of his life. I would never do that to him, no matter what happened.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Exactly Ballad! I think about just simply not getting out of bed to go to get ready, pack lunches, take my son to school, go to work, pick my son up, cook dinner, clean the kitchen, and prepare everything to do it all over again the next day just to prove my point but ultimately it would affect my son and I can't do that.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2013