Would it be okay?

i do photography. my little sis lives about an hour and 15 mins away. she asked if i would do some pics of her family. of course - no charge. she offered to pay my gas - again, not necessary.

but now i am thinking i really don't want to make the drive since i already have 2 events earlier that day.

would it be rude to ask her to drive to me for the photo shoot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Yes. She may already have a place in mind. Or has planned. If you already said you would go. If you want to make it in that business you're going to have jobs all over the place and maybe this is a good time to learn how to manage time and get to the next appt on time.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Ask her if she minds or do it on another day that you will be more refreshed.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• she insisted on that day, Paulie, because her hair will be professionally done from a boudoir shoot she is doing the day prior.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Even if you are doing it pro bono you should look at it as a professional job. You made the appointment and set the place. You need to keep it, as is. In the future you can ask her to come to you. In my opinion, yes it is rude and unprofessional

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Did you already know about the other events? You could always float the idea to her and see how she receives it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• If you have a spot in mind that would be gorgeous for her you may suggest it to her. She may and may not accept it. If she doesn't then you need to travel to her.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• yes, Quinn, I knew of the other events and let her know what I was doing that day. She has not picked a location yet so it wouldn't be out of line to simply suggest an area near my home. I'll call her and see what she is thinking and go from there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• You've already told her you'll be there. You should uphold your commitment. At this point I would think it would sound like you were trying to back out of taking the photos if you asked her to drive to you since the plans have already been made.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2013

• well then i guess from now on I need to simply tell people i'll think of what will work best and then call them back with an answer. i am regretting saying i'd drive.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Mar. 13, 2013