How many calories should you eat if your trying to loose weight in a day? 1500?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think between 1500 and 1800
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It depends on your activity level. Here's a simple calory counter that can tell you how much you should be eating. And if you're breastfeeding you should be getting 500 extra calories per day.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_6_1x_Calorie_Calculator.asp
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Wow, with the click of 2 buttons I saw that i can go from sedentary to heavy activity and I can eat an extra 900 calories to maintain weight. Since I love to eat thats pretty awesome! To lose weight I can cut 500 calories either by extra activity or eating/drinking less. I like this little calculator.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Weight Loss Center is our area (we've been too) puts people on different ones...but usually a 1200 a day diet. Of course, plenty of water and excerise. Another tip they give you is apples, natural diurectic (don't know if I spelled that correct)..and apple cider vinegar. They suggest an apple for one snack a day and cook with apple cider vinegar when you can. Weight Loss Center of America...you might can find something online.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• That site is awesome!! Thanks!
    TheMrs119

Answer by TheMrs119 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• heavenschilld, 1200 is really low, that's like starving yourself!!! wow, thats low
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I know 1200 is low but when i wanted to lose weight I went down to 1200 for a few days and then when I went back up to 1500 I felt like 300 lil calories extra was incredible. so I guess it helped 1500 not feel so much like a diet.The longer I stay on 1200 the faster i lost weight but if I needed a lil more energy I would not starve myself- I had a "balance' of 300 calories...haha... i budgeted....
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 3:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Hiya,
    I will tell you to try www.sparkpeople.com it is a great site and it will calculate how many calories you need to eat to lose weight based on your personal physical activity.

Try it - I love the site so far I have lost 8 pounds using sparkpeople support.
    Haley_Comet

Answer by Haley_Comet at 5:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009