Has your toddler boy/girl ever had a hernia?

My daughter is 3 and has a little one on her belly button. She has always had it and claims it doesnt hurt. But my doctor said its up to us if we want it removed or not. I want to do it just so she doesnt grow up with it and have problems. Any advice?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 9:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes my lil boy had a hernia when he was born it was the scariest time of my life it all started when he was a week old something told me to pick him up and i did he felt warm so i took his temp 102.7 i was scared to death we rushed him to the nearest hospitial then they rushed him to a different county he had to go through 2 spinal taps before they found the hernia it was beside his testicle i could not let him cry at all he had the surgery this was 3 years ago he is into everything and knows how to push my buttons but he is a mircle and i would not change him for anything but this is common your baby will end up with a faint small scar and in the end he or she will be your mircle too
    amandadeavers

Answer by amandadeavers at 10:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2009