Calling Boston Moms ...

I'll be traveling there this spring ... looking for suggestions on what to do and what I must absolutely see while there. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2013 in Travel

• Google 'visiting Boston' and you will see some good links. If you like Italian food do not miss the North End for dinner, lunch, or simply coffee and a yummy pastry. And I love the swan boats in Boston Common garden. You can read Make Way for Ducklings before going (setting for the story). Fenway Park has tours, I believe, if you are into baseball history. I was not impressed with the aquarium for the price, but it has been a long time since I was there so it may have been improved. Also we took a boat ride out to a fort on an island in the harbor. Can't remember the name but just Google 'Boston forts'. The kids loved it!! Quincy Market is fun to walk through but really just a tourist trap, although there are some nice restaurants that have outdoor patios. Have a great time!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Also the Duck tours are fun if you want to ride around and get the lay out of the city. They end with the amphibious vehicle driving into the river! The science museum and children's museum are both top notch if you have kids with you. If you are into art, the Gardner museum and MFA are both excellent.

Don't miss walking through the Public Gardens, it will be lovely with spring blossoms. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• George's Island is the island I couldn't think of........

http://www.bostonharborislands.org/georges

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2013