Michael Moore says pictures of the dead children from Sandy Hook should be released because it will help with gun control. Do you agree with him?

Why or why not...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 1:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know that it would deter anyone from owning or operating a gun. I have the sick notion that it might encourage other unstable people to try to "top it" or something horrible. I can see his logic behind the idea though.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I think anyone stupid enough to believe a man who rails about capitalism while raking in every last cent he can squeeze out of anything, is an idiot to begin with. Anyone who believes him on this is a sociopathic idiot without the ability to empathize.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Exploiting dead children to further political agendas... yeah, no.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Fuck no. I cannot imagine the pain those families have gone through. Why open that wound again to push a political agenda?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Nope, not at all! He didn't buy the gun, he killed his mother and stole it, so how can you control that? If one person would have had a gun to shoot HIM with, perhaps as many wouldn't have died. You can't control Crazy, no matter what, he could have made a bomb, he could have lit the place on fire, it has nothing to do with guns, it has to do with better mental health care and being pro-active when you sense someone is not right.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• That is so disgusting. It's wrong to continually be in the families' faces. They need to be allowed to grieve privately at this point, and exploiting those poor kids isn't going to help them any.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• I pretty much never agree with him.

If something like this works, then why are there still abortions after people see pictures of aborted babies? Or why are there fat people when we know and see pictures of fat and what it can do to your body? I think Moore has his own agenda and he isn't willing to go out on that limb by himself.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• I think people who support no gun control laws or no changes to the current laws NEED to see them. .

Should we also distribute pictures of all your dead relatives to discourage any behaviors associated with their causes of death? Anyone who died of cancer can have their morgue shot hung next to the cigarette rack in 7-11, and anyone with heart disease can get all the McDonald's.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Ohh, maybe this would work for rapists, too. Anyone who has suffered sexual abuse or assault should have their nude image plastered everywhere to discourage people from raping. Brilliant!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Gun laws do not prevent gun crimes. Just use Chicago as your litmus test.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2013