Cafemom "showdowns" are we mothers or just insecure teenagers here?

I mean, putting your child agaist another to be JUDGED by the general public on their apperance?

Are these mothers that insecure?

Sure say "it's just for fun." but really, it's DEGRADING, do you not think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I don't think it's degrading, it is just for fun and most of the time it's just against friends. If you don't like it don't bother looking at it and don't participate. Easy as that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I don't participate, I am secure enough to not have to submit my children to be judged the cutest for me to feel they are worth something.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I just do it for fun, I think my kids are better looking then any others but what mother does not. I think ripping other moms who do is insecure of you.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I don't participate in them no. I know my kids are beautiful and don't need to enter a contest to convince myself or others that they are.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• why is it degrading.as far as i have seen all the children on here have been beautiful and it is another way for all of us proud mothers to brag. anon i think you may just be trying to stir up some drama here.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2009