I am a pretty upset and worried!

I am in school and there is a mentally unstable man in my program. His behavior has been escalating and I and a couple other people were his targets. So today he got kicked out of school and was escorted off the school property by the police. He is a gun nut and now I am worried he is going to do something crazy. Other people at school claim he isn't violent, but I am still worried. I just don't even want to go back for the next few weeks. I know it is ridiculous, but geez...with all of the scary stuff in the news I can't help but be freaked out.

not really a question... just freaked out.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 9:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2013 in Money & Work

• We had a schizophrenic in my department. How do I know her medical diagnosis? She mentioned it every at opportunity. She was pleasant enough, if a bit off...
    But! Tell you this, if she had ever indicated violent behavior (especially with me as a target), I would have talked to my Department at least and University at most to make online course arrangements.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• I have to agree that I would see if I could take my classes online for a while.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• That really is scary. If he got escorted out, though, maybe the campus won't let him back till he gets his act together.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Awe SB! I know how concerned you are. Can you take a break or maybe switch your class time?
    This is very concerning!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Ballad- universities aren't closed...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2013

• Try to switch the time of your class, maybe, but don't let him take your power away. Be super observant and diligent about your safety
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:54 AM on Mar. 14, 2013

• ^^^That is a great idea! Can you change the time you take the class? Go to the Registration office & tell them what happened & that you NEED to get into another class ASAP. This is for your safety & security. Then go to the School Security office & tell them your concerns about this Man. They have to know his license plate number & make of car Right? They need to watch for his vehicle coming onto campus. GL! :(

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Oh, BTW, if you do get a new time for the class DO NOT tell anyone in the old class that you changed & what time. Tell the Teacher not to say anything either. Ths way it looks like you just left. He could get that info from them. Trust your instincts always!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• That is scary! When you say he targeted you, what do you mean? Did he make threats to you? If so, you could pursue that legally.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2013

• Start packing (a gun, that is).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2013